We have just returned home with our Golden Doodle who has been at Royvon for the past 3 weeks on her training course. We are very happy with the
improvements in Bella’s…read more..behaviour and have Collette her trainer to thank. When we went to collect Bella, I stayed for a 2 hour training session with Collette who was very patient and supportive throughout. All in all a really great experience, we will be sending Bella back when we next go on holiday or feel like she needs a little training refresher!!!
Our Complete Training Solution also known as residential dog training is an option where the standard of training on course completion is guaranteed. That means you can rest assured that your time and investment are well spent.
As a minimum we guarantee the following set standard to be displayed during the demonstration on course completion:
A series of basic set standard exercises are taught to build the foundation from which to add any training on any specific area’s of concern and importance requested by the dog’s owners.
These exercises include:-
- Sit – Most dogs will sit on command when it suits them, but sitting on command in all environments is what’s needed in a trained dog
- Down on command
- Stay – Dogs are taught to stay in both the sit and down positions to a distance of at least 20 paces
- Walk to heel on lead without pulling showing as much attention to handler as possible
- Walk to heel off lead at handler side
- Recall to handler from play position and from a fixed stay position
- Appropriate social behaviour around other dogs and people (Click if aggression is present)
- Safe handling
- Training in a variety of environments & distraction situations
We are able to provide this guarantee as we only accept dogs that we know we are able to train to this standard. We determine which dogs are excepted by means of a 3 day assessment which is the 1st 3 days of the 21 day course. Through our experience we know in this early stage if we are able to provide the level of training that is expected. The two area’s that are assessed to determine the dog’s suitability are as follows:
1. Dogs happiness in its new environment – Its essential that dogs are completely happy in their new environment for our method of positive reinforcement to work. We know how to help dogs overcome their pinning for their owners, around 95% of our attendees are happy to except their trainer as their new friend as their main carers are not present. If your dog is not completely happy in our environment then your dog will fail its assessment and will be returned home a few days after arrival.
2. The age of the dog that attends is very important, the perfect age is 6 to 9 months, but a close second is 9 to 12 months. Dogs of these ages have low levels of learned behaviour, therefore the problems present are easily resolved. The older the dog then the higher the levels of learned behaviour. We will except dogs of any age over 6 months but the older dogs are more likely to fail their assessment. It really depends on the individual as we’ve had great success with many dogs of many ages. During the assessment we will decide if we’re able to train your dog to our guaranteed standard.
Within the 1st 7 days you will receive a telephone call from your trainer to discuss your dogs profile questionnaire, the assessment, expectations of the course, methods used and the the owner responsibility on course conclusion.
So confident are we of our dog training methods that we are able to guarantee this. When your dog has completed our residential dog training course, if we can’t demonstrate to you that your dog is obedient we won’t charge you a penny!
Click Here for Owner Training